Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
There is 2 things that I don’t know what I am doing right now. First of all, why am I type this post in English? Because I really love Bahasa Malaysia even I want my brothers and sisters and my child(s) to learn math and science in English, really mean that. Second of all, why on earth I make this F.U.C.K. post? Never mean to make unpleasant or uncomfortable situation by posting this post but to let every body know what the meaning of this word is, how it surface to this world and as your common knowledge.
During my high school life, this word used to come out of my mouth. At that time I don’t what is the exact meaning of the word. Is it mean penis, or sexual intercourse or a rude word same as bangang or bangsat. So, in form 4 I had start a research entitled ‘What is the FUCK really mean?’ Because, from my observation, it is not only the student or teenagers that always use this word, but my teacher or even a man we called him ustaz also use this word.
As a result of the research that just finish last night (well it is as a result of ‘boringness’ because don’t have plan for holiday after finish my final exam), I want to share the result with you all. The research have been done throughout Malaysia (well not exactly through), in Indonesia for the past 5 month and from every part of source that I can get such as older man, teenagers of course, mat masjid and national leader (he don’t want me to put his name here, sorry).
For the result, I don’t whether it is accurate or not because I did this research alone, as a lonely researcher boy. This are the result and the conclusion of my research.
In which I been told with a straight face that the word 'fuck' originated as the acronym of 'Fornication Under Consent of the King' (or some variation thereof) it is been circulating since 1960’s and coming from United Kingdom.
1. In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it.
2. The word fuck comes from colonial times, when someone would be punished for 'prostitution' It was an acronym for the words 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge'. FUCK was written on the stocks that held these criminals because For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was too long to go on the stocks.
3. One subject said that he had heard that "F.U.C.K." originated in the 1800's in London, when they used to charge prostitutes "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". So officer got sick and tired of writing those, um, lessee, 26 characters, not including spaces, so it got abbreviated FUCK and stuck.
4. One subsect said that word fuck did not originate as an acronym. It crept, fully formed, into the English language from Dutch or Low German around the 15th century (it's impossible to say precisely when because so little documentary evidence exists, probably due to the fact that the word was so taboo throughout its early history that people were afraid to write it down). The American Heritage Dictionary says its first known occurrence in English literature was in the satirical poem "Flen, Flyss" (c.1500), where it was not only disguised as a Latin word but encrypted - gxddbov - which has been deciphered as fuccant, pseudo-Latin for "they fuck."
5. According to the national leader that I have mentioned before, the earliest claims in print of supposed acronymic origins for the F-word appeared during the 1960s. An underground newspaper called the East Village Other published this version in 1967:
6. Some said that it's not commonly known that the word "fuck" originated as a medical diagnostic notation on the documests of soldiers in the British Imperial Army. When a soldier reported sick and was found to have V.D., the abbreviation F.U.C.K. was stamped on his documents. It was short for "Found Under Carnal Knowledge."
7. My friend claims that the word fuck originated in the 15th Century, when a married couple needed permission from the king to procreate. Hence, Fornication Under Consent of the King. I maintain that it's an acronym of a law term used in the 1500s that referred to rape as Forced Unnatural Carnal Knowledge."
So, undoubtedly the most famous use of this etymological travesty was as the title of the 1991 Van Halen album, "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge."
In Malaysia, I don’t get the clear history of when and how it came to that country. But, in my opinion it is the British colonial that brought that word there or from student who studied in UK and when they came back to Malaysia they also brought this word, besides the knowledge that they had learned there and oleh-oleh.
The moral is don’t bring anything bad from any country that you been study right now or in future back home, okay? (What the fuck am I typing right now?) That’s all.
Pepatah Tuah: Don't try this at home, but please try at school or shopping complex or at office
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.