This is the differences between Twilight novel and the movie. I haven't read this myself bcoz haven't the noel yet (hoping tonight will be the night). So, let me know if you see something wrong somewhere. This is what I found from this blog: preciouslyf.blogspot.com. So, enjoy!
* In the book, Edward mentions how 'twilight' is the "safest time of day for us[vampires]". The time of actual twilight is never made significant or mentioned in the movie
* In the movie the heroin line "Isabella Swan: So what your saying is, I'm your brand of heroin?
Edward Cullen: Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin." is changed to "your scent, it's like a drug to me... my own personal brand of heroin...."
* Most of the integral conversations from the book were clipped short and almost trivialized in the movie. Bella never seemed embarrassed in the movie.
* There is no Ben Cheney in the movie. There is also no Lauren Mallory.
* Mr. Banner (biology teacher) from the book has been re-named to Mr. Molina in the movie.
* In the movie, there is a golden onion.
* Edward does a trick with an apple in a cafeteria scene in the movie.
* All the Cullen family members wear "the Cullen family crest" somewhere on them at all times in the movie.
* In the book, Bella's cell phone didn't work in Forks.
* Emmett's Jeep is white in the movie. In the book, it's red.
* Waylon Forge is a new character that is Charlie's friend. Victoria and James kill him.
* Jasper is right-handed in the movie. He is left-handed in the book.
* Angela goes to Prom with Eric.
* In the movie, Prom is held in a B&B called View Point Inn instead of the high-school gym.
* In the movie, you see Phil in
* Charlie's house in Forks has a dishwasher.
* In the Baseball Scene in the movie the Cullens wear jerseys and hats instead of normal clothes.
* The scene in the biology room where they do the blood typing is missing in the movie.
* In the book Twilight, Bella reveals that she knows Edward is a vampire in the car on the way back to Forks from
* New Movie Scene:
* In the book Twilight, Bella was using a CD Player instead of an iPod.
* In the book, Rosalie drives a red BMW M3, in the movie, she drives a Mercedes.
* In the book, Bella cooks for Charlie every night. In the movie, they go to the diner every night.
* In the movie, when they are in Edward's room and he says "You really shouldn't have said that," they jump out the door. In the book, they sit on the couch.
* In the book, Bella finds out about the truck while she is riding in Charlie's police cruiser and Charlie doesn't talk about the truck nor that Bella had been saving money to buy a car herself. In the movie, Bella doesn't see the truck at the house until after Billy and Jacob deliver it.
* In the movie, Edward and Bella's first kiss is in Bella's room. In the book, their first kiss is near the meadow.
* In the book,
* In the book, James reveals information about
* They didn't mention Jasper's ability in the movie.
* In the book, Jacob tells Bella all the legends of his tribe and she learns from him that Edward is a vampire; in the movie, Jacob tells her only part of the story and she finds the rest out from a book she buys in Port Angeles; in the Twilight book, Bella never buys a book from the book store in Port Angeles.
* In the book, it is only after another student opens the door that Edward realizes that Bella is standing in behind him in the office on the first day. In the movie Edwards seems to smell her as soon as she enters the room.
* In the book, Emmett,Rosalie,
* In the book,
* In the movie, the Cullen's house is modern looking that's black and brown. In the book, its old and white.
* In the book, Bella tells Edward that he dazzles people while they are having dinner in
* In the movie when Bella gets away from
* When Bella sees Jacob at the prom in the movie, he hasn't grown signifigantly like in the book.
* In the movie there is no mention of Jacob fixing up the Rabbit or when Billy bribes him with auto parts to get him to warn Bella at the prom. Instead, in the movie Jacob is given $20 instead of the car part.
* In the movie
* The resturant Bella and Edward in the movie is not Italian and the scene goes much differently than in the book.
* In the movie, Edward never invites Bella to sit with him at lunch leaving the rest of Bella's friends jealous.
* In the movie there is no "sadie hawkins" dance, only the prom.
* In the movie, Bella has a new-looking Apple laptop. In the book, she has an old desktop computer.
* In the movie, Bella's truck is quiet. In the book, it is loud and everyone can hear it.
* In the book, when Edward saves Bella from being crushed by the truck, it's before school. In the movie, this happens after school.
* In the book, Bella had said she was going to '
* In the book, Bella isn't worried about how old her truck is, and knows it won't attract attention. In the movie, people make fun of how ancient her truck is.
* In the book, Charlie put chains on Bellas truck tires, and he hadn't told her about it. In the movie, Charlie put winter tires on the truck instead, and told her before she left for school.
* In the book, Angela isn't happy about going to the dance with Eric. In the movie, she hopes that he will ask her to the dance.
* In the book, Edward gets Ben to ask Angela to the dance, in the movie, Angela asks Eric.
* In the book,
* In the book, Bella swaps clothes with Esme to throw off the "tracker"'s (James') scent. In the movie, Rosalie puts on Bella's jacket and runs through the forest to throw off the scent.
* During the hospital scene in the book, Edward says that he will stay with Bella "as long as it is best for her", this is a crucial part of New Moon. But was not in the movie.
* In the book, Edward takes Bella in to
* In the movie, there is no hunting trip, therefore Edward doesn't leave Bella a note telling her to "Be Safe" while he is away like there is in the book.
* In the movie, Bella does not leave her jacket in Jessica's car, forcing her to wear Edward's.
* Jessica does not have curly hair in the movie, but in the book, Bella says that she does.
* In the movie, Bella doesn't dare Edward to eat human food.
* In the book, Edward didn't know that James and Victoria were together, a crucial point in the next two books with Edward saying that he would've known that
* In the book, Bella was afraid of riding on Edward's back as they ran, whereas in the movie, she appeared excited and not frightened at all.
* Bella and Jacob never sat on what became referred to as their log during the other books when Jacob told Bella the story. They were walking in the movie when he told her.
* In the movie, she never "flirts" with Jacob to get him to tell her his tribe's legends.
* In the book, Jacob danced with Bella, with Edward's consent while telling her what Billy bribed him to say. In the movie, this never occurred.
* In the book, it is stated that Billy is unable to drive. In the movie, this can be clearly seen when Edward is driving away from Bella's house.
* In the book, Billy and Charlie fought over the Cullens, whereas in the movie, this never happened.
* In the book, Bella and Renee e-mailed one another as a form of communication, this was never mentioned in the movie, although there is a scene where Renee is calling Bella on a payphone.
* In the movie, Edward and Bella never actually say "I love you", in the book, it is mentioned for the first time after she said it in her sleep and they say it quite a few times after.
* In the movie, they didn't include the scenes with Jasper and Bella, where he tells her that she is worth fighting for, and
* In the movie (when Edward takes Bella to his house), all of the Cullens are cooking "Italian food" just for Bella (because they think she is Italian). When when Edward says Bella has already ate, Rosalie breaks a bowl with her bare hands. Nothing remotely close to this happens in the book.
* James bites Bella's wrist in the movie; in the book he bites the palm of her hand.
* In the book, Edward has a silver S60R, in the movie, he has a silver C30.
* In the book,
* In the book, Emmet has curly hair In the movie his hair is straight.
* In the book, Angela has blond hair in the movie she has brown.
* In the book,
* In the book, Charlie has curly hair (that is where Renesmee gets her curly ringlets), in the movie he does not.
* In the movie, Bella starts school later in the year.
* In the movie, the meadow scene is completely different from the meadow described scene in the book.
* In the movie, Bella dosen't faint in Biology class like she does in the book.
* In the movie, the Cullens eat during lunch. In the book, they never eat at all.
* In the book,
* In the movie, there is a field trip where in the book there is no field trip
* In the movie, when Edward and Bella go to the resturaunt, the waitress was some pretty girl who Edward dazzles with his smile. This causes Bella to ask something along the lines of do you just dazzle everyone with your smile. This causes the famous line "Do I dazzle you?" This never happens in the movie.
* In the book it does not show
* In the book, Bella has lunch, Biology, and then Gym. In the movie, they show her in gym class, then in lunch, and then in Bio.
* In the book, the cabinets in Bella's kitchen are yellow (her mom painted them yellow to bring 'sunshine' to Forks.) In the movie, they are white.
* In the book, Edward has a black leather couch with a golden rug and dark heavy fabric hung on the wall. In the movie, he has a white chaise lounge with white walls.
* In the movie, the waitress is seen taking away a soup cup. Soup was never mentioned in the book.
* The drive and "walk" to the meadow for the first time is not in the movie.
* In the movie Bella arrives at her first day of school while everyone was in the parking lot, in the book she arrived early before everyone else.
* In the movie there's no mention of the
* In the Book when Bella goes to the Cullen's house she is wearing a Khaki and a dark blue blouse, but in the movie she is jeans, a green top, and a jacket.
* In the movie Bella brings a cactus with her to Forks, in the book there is no mention of a cactus, but she has one in her hands when she enters her bedroom in Forks with Charlie.
* In the book, the car (Carlisle's) that
* In the movie when Bella and her friends go to
* In the movie Rosalie drives a red Mercedes convertible, in the book it is a red BMW M3.
* In the movie James does not mention
* In the movie, when Carlisle and his family meets
* In the book Edward shot questions at Bella at one point about random things but in the movie this scene is gone.
* In the book, Edward is supposedly taking Bella to
* In the book, on the way home from dinner in
* In the book, Bella is said to be wearing a deep blue, frilly off the shoulder dress to the prom with a stiletto heel with satin ribbon. In the movie, she is wearing a blue, halter-top dress with a sweater, gray leggings and a Converse high-top.
* In the movie her father gives her pepper spray which she sprays James with later in the movie. There is no mention of this in the book.
* In the book, on the way to the prom, Bella finds out that Edward is actually taking her to prom. There is no mention of this in the movie and she seems to have known she was going.
* In the book, Bella and Edward have "days" where they each ask about eachother. There is no mention of this in the movie.
* In the movie,
* In the book, James called Bella to go to her house in
* In the book, Bella found the ornamental cross in the Cullen's house ironic and mentions this to Edward. In the movie, she just passed by it, without a comment.
* Bella learned about
* Edward told Bella that he and Emmett go hunting at the south of
* In the book, Bella writes a note to Edward saying that James has her mom and she has to try to save her. However, in the movie, she writes no note at all and just goes to the studio.
* In the book, Bella tells Jessica that Edward 'drives like a maniac'. In the movie, she didn't seem to mind.
* In the movie, Jasper is seen in the class field trip. He is not supposed to be with Edward and Alice as he poses as a senior, not a junior.
* In the scene where Mike tells Bella that he doesn't like her being with Edward, she just shrugs it off. In the book, she tells him off for interfeiring.
* In the book, Bella was interrogated by Jessica is she and Edward are secretly dating. In the movie, Jessica didn't seem to care.
* In the movie, Bella and Edward drive Emmett's jeep all the way to the clearing where they played baseball. In the book, they ran a few miles to the clearing, with Bella gripping on Edward, causing him to say, "Bella you will be the death of me! I swear you will!!!"
* In the scene where
* In the book
* In the movie Edward walks off straight after saving Bella from
* In the book, while Edward tells Bella to put her hair down,
* In the movie, after Edward jumps out of the window, he calls Bella Spidermonkey. He had never called her spidermonkey in the book.
* In the movie, when Jacob tells Bella of the legends between his tribe and the Cullens', there is a cut-scene of Edward,
* In the book after the incident with the van Edward undented the van, but in the film he did this later.
* In the movie Rosalie calls Emmett her 'Monkey Man', In the book she doesn't say that.
* All through the movie there is lots of random small talk which doesn't happen in the book.
* In the Book after every Biology class Edward leaves the classroom quickly (Except for when bella and edward become closer). In the Movie Edward walks with Bella out of Class.
That's all for this time, thanks.
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh